Crafted in the Springside Cheese kitchen
by cheesemonger Steven Phillips
1 Pound of elbow macaroni
1 Pound of cheese (such as Krakow, 1 Year aged cheddar or a combination of the two)
1 Tablespoon of corn starch
¼ cup of butter
12oz Evaporated Milk
1 Tablespoon Mustard Powder
½ Tablespoon Granulated Onion
½ Tablespoon Granulated Garlic
½ Tablespoon of smoked paprika
½ teaspoon Black Pepper
Salt to taste
1. Shred 1 pound of cheese (Krakow, 1 Year Aged Cheddar or a combo of both).
2. Toss 1 tablespoon of corn starch into the shredded cheese until it coats all the cheese (This will help bind the sauce and hopefully keep it from separating.)
3. Cook 1 pound of macaroni according to the package instructions and drain.
4. Return Pasta to the pan, lower the heat to the low setting.
5. Stir 1/4 cup of butter into pasta until completely melted.
6. Add 12oz can of evaporated milk and spices (1tbs mustard powder, 1/2 tbs granulated onion, 1/2 tbs granulated garlic, 1/2 tbs smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp back pepper, salt to taste) until combined.
7. Add one handful of the cheese mixture until completely melted.
8. Repeat that process until all the cheese is incorporated into the sauce.
9. Remove from heat and serve immediately.